Frankfurt am Main – Cosmopolitan city with flair
Between the first documented mentioning of Frankfurt and its present role as an international finance place and the birth of the techno- sound, a lot of water ran down the Main. German history was written in Frankfurt and Germany’s most famous poet wrote history in this city.
Frankfurt a. M. is undoubtly the city with the most impressive skyline in Germany. Surnames like Mainhattan and Bankfurt don’t exist without reason. The city in the heart of Germany and Europe features a lot of facets and contrasts. Not far from the skyscrapers you will find comfortable Ebbelwoi-Bars, beautiful parkways and an overwhelming offer in culture: 36 museums, 109 Art galleries, about 30 Theatres, numbers of Concert halls, a world respected Opera....
To create your discovery tour more comfortable and interesting, you can achieve your tickets with us here Tickets for public transportation.
Furthermore a free city map/ public transportation schedule and a travel guide for 1,50€
The Römer was the city hall of Frankfurt in the center of the old town since 1405. The integration of the medieval buildings was endued in the 19th century with a neo-gothic facade. The most important room is the Kaisersaal with oilportraits of all the 52 german imperators since Karl dem Großen.
From 1356 the king was elected in the St. Bartholomäus Dom. From 1562 to 1792 even the imperator was crowned here. After the Dom was burned down in 1868 it got the late gothic 95 m tall tower. Visitors can climb up its tower between April and October. The Cathedral museum houses treasures such as a Gothic liturgical vestment from 1350 and a gold-plated shining monstrance from 1720.
On both sides of the Main are several museums lined up.
Portikus (exhibition hall), Museum of World Cultures, German Filmmuseum, German Architect Museum, Museum for communication, Bibelhouse, Städel, Liebigmuseum, Museum Giersch, Jewish Museum, Historical Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Kunsthalle Schirn, Archaeological Museum
Fun for young and old
- Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Platform of the Maintowers
- Trip with the applewine express (weekends)
- Interesting museums with workshops and programs especially for kids: Filmmuseum, Communicationmuseum, Städel, Senckenbergmuseum (Dinosaurs!), Dialogmuseum, etc.
- Numbers of theatres with programs for kids
- Adventuretrip at the airport
- Boat trip on the Main
- City tour with the Velotaxi (April to the end of October)
- Sport live, for example: soccer games, ice hockey and Hochseilgarten/Kletterhalle
Trips around Frankfurt
- Römerkastell Saalburg (castle) close to Neu-Anspach
- Hessenpark close to Neu-Anspach
- Ship tour to Mainz or Rüdesheim
- Opelzoo in the Taunus
- Adventurepark Lochmühle in Wehrheim
- Castle Freudenberg in Wiesbaden
- Mathematikum Gießen